Random Car Facts to Amaze and Amuse Your Friends
Do you consider yourself a car buff? Do you take good care of your car? Do you know the difference between horsepower and torque? No matter what your interest in motor vehicles, here are some wide-ranging and somewhat interesting facts about the world of automobiles.
- It is estimated that up to 50 million traffic tickets are issued each year, generating up to 7.5 BILLION dollars. That doesn’t even include parking tickets.
- Looking for a new car? You have plenty of choices. There are just over 17,500 new car dealerships in the United States.
- If you are in search of a used car, you have even more choices. Estimates place the number of independent used car dealers in the country at about 38,000. Texas, Florida and California are the three states with the most used car dealers.
- The best-selling vehicle in the country in 2020 were not cars but trucks and SUVs. Topping the list is the Ford F-Series followed by the Chevrolet Silverado, The Ram Pickup and the Toyota RAV4.
- If you feel the price of new vehicles is sky rocking, you are correct. In 2021, average new car prices in the United States have reached over $41,150.
- There are 70 “primary” interstate highways in the U.S. A primary interstate has one or two numbers. Triple-digit interstates that mainly serve as bypasses around major cities are not included in that number.
- Interstate 95 reaches the furthest south (near Miami) and travels up into Maine. H-2 in Hawaii is the shortest “interstate” at just 8 miles.
- Caught in traffic? No wonder. There are about 280 million vehicles registered to operate on America’s roadways.
- When it comes to choosing our car colors, we don’t have much of an imagination. The most popular car colors chosen are white, black and gray.
For some, cars are simply a mode of transportation. For others, it is a hobby and for some a passion. No matter whether your car is a daily driver or an exotic, we can help you get the automobile insurance you deserve. Connect with one of our independent insurance agents for a no cost, no obligation insurance review and price quote. Don’t be one of the millions of drivers overpaying for car insurance. Contact us to compare today.